Contractor or Associate?
First, you have to decide whether your business is joining as an Associate or a Contractor.
This is very important to get right. If you are in the wrong category you can miss out on entitlements and at worst your Membership can be suspended or even terminated.
If your business or Government Department will abide by the CCF NSW Code of Conduct and our Constitution you can apply to join the CCF NSW in one of the following categories:
- CONTRACTOR MEMBERS – Businesses (Employers, sole traders and partnerships) directly involved as civil contractors in NSW. Our Constitution has a long list of businesses that are expressly defined as civil contractors.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER – All other businesses, and Government departments. In short, Associates are businesses that want to support or supply to contractors in the NSW civil industry.
If you are not sure, we can advise you. Just call us on (02) 9009 4000(02) 9009 4000 and ask for a Membership Specialist.
Then, you have to decide what Type of Membership you are...
CONTRACTORS: WHAT 'CATEGORY' DO YOU JOIN AS?
For Contractor Members (ONLY), you have to select a Category level based on the turnover your business does in NSW - it does not include revenue in other States. However, the turnover refers to the NSW business in its entirety, not just the civil operations.
We present revenue bands, and you pick the band that your business sits in. You cannot pick to be in a different Category than you really are.
This is based on your honour...we do not ask for documentary evidence, but the Board assesses all applications.
This is because our service can and is provided to your whole NSW business...not just the civil component.
WHAT 'SERVICE LEVEL' DO YOU JOIN AS?
All businesses like choice. We offer different Service Levels for both Contractors and Associates so you can pick the Service Level that suits what you need. Each are described on the relevant pages.
Joining CCF NSW is a simple process.
- An authorised representative of the business completes the application form (links below) and makes the prescribed payment (It's possible to pay at the same time as you apply, or to request an invoice. If you pay immediately, service is provided immediately).
- Contractor Members only must supply evidence of public liability and of workers compensation insurance (certificates of currency).
- On receipt of the application, payment and insurances (for Contractors), most applications are 'Conditionally Approved'. You will be told immediately if not. Login details will then be sent to you and service can begin. We will also commence the CCF NSW Family Member Induction process.
- All applications are put before the CCF NSW Board for Approval. The Board may make enquiries regarding the applicant. The Board makes a decision and we inform you.
- The applicant will be advised of the NSW Board’s decision and if accepted, the business will be listed on the CCF NSW Register of Members. If rejected, all Fees are returned. Note: it is a condition of application that you understand reasons for rejection do not have to be provided (please see appeals process below).
- The application is forwarded to the CCF National Board for review.
Note: Membership of CCF NSW entitles your business to complimentary membership of the CCF Registered Organisation. Your application is then also forwarded to the CCF National Board for their review.
The applicant may appeal the decision by writing to the CEO of CCF NSW including detailed reasons for the appeal.
The Board will review the appeal and make a final decision. The applicant will be advised of the result. Reasons for the decision will not be provided.
For further information about Membership please call us on (02) 9009 4000(02) 9009 4000
, complete the contact us
form, or email email@example.com